Friday 20 December 2013

he original version of the song. Where Did 'Do What U Want' Rank Among the 100 Best Songs of 2013? Earlier this year, just days before she announced she would be canceling a tour to get hip surgery , Gaga wrote , "My bones hurt from all the shows but I don't feel the pain cuz I'm a pro/I sink in then I'm ok cuz my body belongs to you when I'm onstage." Aguilera sang a slightly revised version of the lines in the finale shortly after emerging from behind a giant shell. The Gaga fan site Gagapedia suggests (without attribution) that the lyrics were to be included in a "solo" version of the song, before Kelly came aboard. That aside, the duo played off each other perfectly. On a set graced with a smoky floor, a chaise lounge and two tuxedo-clad waiters who quite formally presented the pair with glasses of champagne (of course), Gaga and Aguilera let their voices fly on the verses. After holding hands on the chaise, with Aguilera nuzzling Gaga to her bosom, the duo wrapped arms around each other as they took a drink and added one more twist on the song's lyrics: "Do what you want with my body, world ." When they were finished, the two women talked about their first performance together. "I was really excited because The Voice called and said they wanted me to perform on the finale, and I obviously can't refuse such an amazing show," Gaga said, according to Us Magazine. "And I said I want to know if Christina wants to do it with me." "This is the first time we've ever met," Aguilera said. "When I heard she wanted to collaborate, I said of course. She's such an innovative artist and a risk-taker. And as a fellow female, I have so much respect for that. And I just have to say guys, she's the most down-to-earth, real person I've met. So I love you, girl, and you deserve everything you've earned." Later, Aguilera tweeted , "She is such a powerhouse vocalist and I was honored to join the stage with Lady Gaga tonight on The Voice!

No comments:

Post a Comment